Another week has gone by. Somehow, this week seemed slower. Some tiredness, a death in the family (very unexpected) and a bit of impatience creeping in. Amidst the chaos (kind of), some things did go peacefully. And I’m grateful for that.
- I seem to have fallen in love with audiobooks. I read three books, and hearing them being narrated was an absolute treat.
- A book of poems arrived quite unexpectedly, a gift from a friend. I’m hoping it helps me rediscover my love for poetry. I’ve started on this by being regular with Wednesday Verses. Also got a book from another friend who inscribed a note in pencil. Felt happy to see someone use a pencil still, though I did tease her about it a little!
- After some period of illness and a lot of tests at the hospital, one of my family members was given a clean bill of health. That brought some peace of mind.
- The friend’s daughter’s birthday party went well, and the kiddos appreciated my choice of cake. As did the friend. Felt happy. Especially because children are very particular when it comes to food these days.
- Started eating dinner early and not very close to bedtime. Too early to say, but it does seem to give me more energy. Grateful to that friend who pushed me to try that change, and to my family who didn’t make a fuss.
- Two friends inspired me to do daily nature photography on my Instagram. I wasn’t sure what to click, and they gave this idea, for which I am grateful.
- I could seek the silver lining in the clouds that came my way. That gave me some self belief which I had been lacking. And a couple of friends also helped me find it when I thought there wasn’t one.
- I finally, finally let go of a poisonous memory. I feel lighter, but it might still need some healing, for which I know I have the strength.
I think this week reinforced a realization that has been my mantra all along. Many others around me don’t get it, but I’m not going to try too hard to make them understand. I want my peace of mind.
“You are enough, just as you are.” – Meghan Markle
I love this idea of noting/recollecting what I’m happy/grateful for each week.
How was your week? What made you feel happy?