The first Sunday of January has come by so quickly. I take that as a positive indication. Six days have gone by very quickly. As I mentioned in my first post of the year, I feel it is important to be grateful for where I am at. This is my first Weekly Gratitude post.
So what happened this past week that made me happy?
- A day off on New Year’s Day. Started with a migraine but the day brought better things.
- I read three books in six days. One was my first Audible audiobook.
- Poetry, after a long time. #WednesdayVerses is up and running again.
- Reconnected with an old friend.
- Met a fellow bibliophile for the first time.
- Gifted books to three friends.
- Clicked a photo every day of the week. Inspired by another friend to do this.
- Helped a friend with something for her daughter’s birthday.
- Started writing a short story for my office magazine
- Was gifted a beautiful photograph of my favorite God by a colleague.
- The first book I received this year came all the way from Australia. I have some good friends!
I love inspiring quotes. They have this quality to make one feel better about life, perhaps make me feel that I am not alone, that someone once walked in a path similar to me. I plan to end every gratitude post with such a quote.
“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
I am happy with the positive points my week had. They brought with them a bit of hope as well, that I have something to celebrate even in the face of few things that could have gone better.
How was your week? What made you feel happy?