Thinking in Eights
As Dashy said to me, it seems to be the season of tags. I found an old one in my archives, and thought it might be fun to retry!
Eight TV Shows I Love to Watch
- Masterchef Australia
- Shark Tank
- Criminal Minds
- Impractical Jokers
- Game of Thrones
- The Big Bang Theory
- My Kitchen Rules
Eight Favorite Places to Eat and/or Drink
- Home Sweet Home
- Church Street Social
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Amma’s Pastries
- Calcutta Victoria Chaats
- Local Darshini restaurants
Eight Things I Look Forward To
- Trying new forms of poetry
- Writing long fiction
- Watching MUFC matches on TV
- Visiting Blossoms Bookstore with friends
- Playing with my two neighbor babies and my godson
- The first rain after the summer
- Taking an off from work to have fun with friends
- To August, with Rakshabandhan on the horizon
Eight Things that Happened Yesterday
- Attended the launch of a book to which I contributed a story
- Added the Harry Potter Illustrated copy to my bookshelf
- Met a friend after a while and had fun talking to her
- Finished filing my tax return
- Went to meet the grandparents
- Read a lot of poems via a poetry site
- Decided to take an off today as I was feeling a bit feverish
- Went to sleep at 4am and woke up at 9:30am
Eight Things I Love About Winter
- Not much to sweat about, which is good for me.
- Christmas, which means presents and Secret Santa games
- Imagining the snow elsewhere and writing poems about it
- Morning walks in the mist, when it feels like I’m smoking
- Even mom sleeps in at times, so no fuss about me doing that
- It’s quite cool, but I still need the fan switched on to sleep
- Hot pakoras made at home or the nearby eatery feels more yummy
- It doesn’t last years like in A Song of Ice and Fire
Eight Things on my Wishlist
- For my ideas to be heard at work; right now it seems to be bouncing back
- To write a short story collection of my own, now that I’ve published one in another book
- Blogging more regularly, and not getting into writer’s block
- Catch up on pending reviews before they get out of hand
- Restart morning walks and keep it regular so I can lose 15 kgs before it affects my health
- A few books that have been on my book wishlist for a while now
- Strength, for the life seems to be headed toward slightly turbulent waters
- Peace; both peace of mind and for the world, which seems to get more violent each day
Eight Things I’m Passionate About
- Reading books; I manage to read 8 to 10 books a month, which is a decent number
- Writing stories; though they’re short these days, I enjoy each word I pen down
- Shopping with my friends; mostly for books, but at times, other trinkets as well
- Playing badminton with my sister; been ages, but it is fun every time we play
- Listening to music; not very recent songs, but old is gold, and so is my playlist
- Talking about books; there are few groups with like minded book lovers, and I spend a lot of time there
- Photography; it’s a new found passion, but I love clicking nature, books and food
- Eating chocolates; once upon a time, I used to have a Dairy Milk each day at college
Eight Phrases I Use Quite Often
- Hmmm! (This is the most popular by far)
- OK! (mostly when I’m irritated)
- Oh pinne?! (when talking with Mallu friends)
- Oh really?! (English equivalent of #3)
- Had dinner? (A very common question, as I chat mostly at night)
- Any new post? (When chatting with bloggers I regularly read)
- Nothing much (The usual reply to “Wazzup?”)
- Always (referencing to Harry Potter)
Eight Things I Learned from the Past
- Be it joy or pain, this too shall pass!
- If I’m determined, I can break writer’s block.
- Some people are passers by in my life.
- I know where to find hope in the darkest of times.
- Some pretend to be friends for their own benefit.
- Money talks, but I can choose not to listen to it.
- Memories don’t vanish, but can be prioritized by me.
- I have it in me to bounce back up when I fall down.
Eight Places I’d Love to Visit/Go/See
- Manchester; the home of Old Trafford, the Theater of Dreams.
- London; 221B Baker Street, Hogwarts Set, Big Ben, The London Eye… so many wonderful places.
- Ooty; for its weather, beauty, and home-made chocolates, which I hear are delicious.
- Kolkata; for meeting few friends there, and to try its cuisine with Ilish dishes and yummy desserts.
- Mumbai; mainly to meet friends.
- Melbourne; to visit the MCG, the Masterchef Kitchen, the harbour etc.
- Dallas; but only if I get tickets to watch the Dallas Mavericks, who are my favorite team in NBA.
- Beijing; in the hopes of seeing a panda.
Eight Things I Currently Need/Want
- A Miss Marple novel; one that I have been hunting since over two years.
- Peace; for my family and I have some things that are worrisome.
- A Pizza with a lot of toppings; I skipped lunch and I’m famished right now.
- To go home; it’s almost quitting time, and I’m waiting to reach home.
- To watch the latest GoT season; though I have watched some episodes.
- To not think of people who buy books without thinking of what they buy.
- To talk to a friend again, and make things right between us.
- To let go of the past which I cannot change, and I need to accept that now.
Eight Friends to Tag
- I leave it open. Anyone who wants to try this can do it. It’s fun to do.
(© Vinay Leo R. @ I Rhyme Without Reason, 20th July 2016)