Got caught up with life, and I forgot that I’ve been bestowed with awards that I’m yet to accept and pass on. Makes me remember the day I thought I’ll not accept any awards, and made this space a no-award one. But now I kind of see the fun! So this is the first two of three awards. I’m joining the two posts since both require me to talk of myself. And telling seventeen things is going to be a very difficult task.
The first award is the Sunshine Award given to me by Swathi Shenoy, who says she loves my narration skills. Thanks for that, SS 🙂 And also given by Nibhz as well. And the second award is the Very Inspiring Blogger award given to me by Sharu. Thanks for the honor! So the thanks and award display is over.
The two awards together ask me to tell 17 things about myself. I’ve mentioned few before, so I’ll share them again. I’m not having a lot of new things!
1. I love reading novels (though the to-be-read is bigger than the am-reading)
2. I love chocolate. (preferably not dark chocolate, but I don’t say no to dark chocolate either)
3. I love music (the day is not complete if I’ve not listened to at least twenty four songs, one for each hour).
4. I like rainy season or winter to summer. (can’t stand the heat, no way!)
5. I am soft-hearted, and the softest of hits, if related to something I’m very attached to, can make me go into a dark space.
6. I talk to myself often (even on the road, thinking I’m not in reality but in dreams).
7. I hate to see anyone give up on poetry after writing good poems (even if that person, according to their own belief, is not a “poet”).
8. I don’t like being told who to befriend. (It’s a direct hit on my personal decision, and that’s not ignorable or acceptable.)
9. The only football club I support is Manchester United. If a Manchester United match is going on, no other channel exists for me (not even if it is an India-Pakistan cricket match in the other channel.)
10. I’ll pursue a debate to the ends of the earth, if I feel that my point has validity, and it should have been done that way in interest of fairness.
11. I don’t give up on writing unless and until I absolutely have to.
12. I believe age is just a number. Anyone expecting me to stop playing games on my PC can expect to be met with adamancy or ignoring.
13. I don’t think driving a vehicle is a “sign” of growing up. And that it is a must.
14. I don’t seem to lose weight no matter how hard I try.
15. I like to eat North Indian food more than South Indian food (to clarify, I’m from South India)
16. I like to cheer friends if I find them in a moody phase. They do the same for me too.
17. I know a bit of French, but I want to learn more and become fluent in it.
Now have to pass the tag to friends. I know very few of my friends like to be tagged these days. So I’m tagging Jaibala, Usha ji, Yamini, The Solitary Writer (Stibu), Bikramjit (Biks), Akila and Parvathy to pass both the awards to.
(22nd September 2014)