Janhvi (my best friend) and Anunoy have got the Liebster award, which they have decided to pass on to me. And Apala, who I awarded has returned the award to me (unfairly!). It’s a big “rule-filled” award, so here goes.
The rules of the award are:
- Post 11 things about yourself
- Answer 11 questions set by the nominator
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers meeting the criteria
- Set 11 questions for them.
- Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
You are not obligated to accept the award to send it forward. This is just a way to get a word out about new blogs that your followers may not know.
11 things about myself:
- I love to read books. I can forget to read the newspaper for days at a stretch, but I read atleast a few pages of fiction every day.
- I don’t seem to lose weight no matter how hard I try.
- I’m preferential to the haiku form of poetry, though I can’t seem to teach the form properly to others.
- I like to eat North Indian food more than South Indian food (to clarify, I’m from South India)
- The only alcoholic beverage I drink is wine.
- I own and/or contribute to seven different blogs.
- I’ve tried to hang on to every friendship, till I absolutely felt I needed to let go.
- People say I’m too modest, but I don’t really think it’s necessary to toot your own horn every time.
- The only football club I support is Manchester United.
- I believe the longer route can sometimes help us reach a solution in a shorter time.
- I’ve targeted to read and review (atleast) 144 books in 2013 between my two book review blogs.
The 11 answers to JJ’s 11 questions :
- Your views on GOD and his doings? I believe that there is only one God, and yes, I believe He/She exists. As for what God does, well, he grants you what you wish for, but not always in the obvious way.
- Your first wish if a Genie were around? I’d wish for a better job. I like where I’m at, but a better job would make my parents happier too, so yes, a better job would be the first wish.
- What do you think should be the punishment for the “juvenille” in the Delhi case (at present the maximum punishment he can be given by law is 3 years community service and stay in an observation home)? He brutalized a woman; if it were me as the judge, I’d brutalize the laws, and sentence him as an adult, not a “juvenile”.
- You are most materialistically possessive about? My mobile phone.
- The person you are most possessive about? My sister
- The song you relate to the most? Numb by Linkin Park
- The most idiotic/ outrageous comment you have ever received about you? I don’t waste time comparing idiocy.
- The best compliment you have ever received? That my words saved a life.
- The one thing in the past you wish you could change? Too many to wish, but then again, if I had changed then, I might not be who I am now, so wouldn’t wish if I could.
- One honest opinion about my blog? I honestly find it one of the most versatile blogs I’ve ever read.
- What should I change about my blog? Remove the “Design by Leo” part in the header.
The 11 answers to Anunoy’s 11 questions :
- What has been your more satisfying experience- with your desktop or laptop? Considering I don’t have the latter, it has to be the former!
- Are you fond of train journey or flight? Reason for your choice? Train is fine… I have a tendency to get airsick soon.
- Which is your dream travel destination? And which one is your favourite one? Both are the same… I’m a Manchester United fan, so the destination would be Manchester!
- Mention 3 of your qualities which you want to pass on to your offspring. Umm… my patience, my friendliness and tendency to observe things closer.
- What is the most violent incidence you’ve faced till date? Passing this one. It’s known to only very close friends, and I’m gonna keep it that way.
- Have you ever felt “I’m the king of the World”? If yes, when? No I haven’t.
- Characteristic features/behaviours in people those piss you off? Ego for small things, quitting things they love..
- What is your dream job? Goalkeeper for Manchester United (It’s most likely going to stay as a dream itself)
- Do you ever dream of a world where there is no demarcation by countries and all are free to roam about anywhere without slightest hindrance and hatred? Frankly, no. Then there’d be no dream destinations and things. I’ve imagined a hatred free world, but not a country free one.
- At which age you had your first pornographic acquaintance? It’s not a milestone that I’ve penned down in my diary. So can’t tell you an exact age, sorry!
- Did you feel good to be nominated or took it as a headache? I swear I won’t mind your honest reply. Glad to be nominated, though I wish you’d have used my nom-de-plume itself rather than my name.
The answers to Apala’s 11 questions:
- If you could go on a date with anyone on this earth, who would it be? Why? I’m looking at a way to date a ghost actually!
- Finish the two statements – Girls are _______. Boys are _________. Girls are girls and boys are boys (Simple hai!)
- Fiction or Non-Fiction? Why? Fiction, because it’s easier to go into imagination with fiction than non-fiction.
- Are you happy with the person you have become or would you like to change something given a chance? I’m happy with who I am, but I wish I could be understood for who I am than who others want me to be.
- Do you believe in luck or hard work? Both. You can only work so hard, so you need a little luck to go your way at times.
- Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend? I hope so, but then again, only my friends can tell what kind of a friend I am.
- Rank in order or priority in your life – love, money, honesty, self-respect. If I’m honest and have self-respect, people will love me. That’s richness in itself, money will follow.
- An easy tip to win your heart. Treat me as a proper friend, not a fair weather friend, and respect my feelings too.
- Your idea of a perfect day. I don’t know such days existed, but if they did, it’d be one where nothing went wrong for me.
- If one morning you wake up to find you are not allowed to blog anymore, how would you feel/react? I’ll pinch myself to wake up from that nightmare.
- Any suggestion for my blog. Yes, one very small one.. WRITE MORE!
The people I pass it on to:
Questions for them:
- One place abroad you’d love to visit, and why?
- Your favorite fiction novel, and why?
- One thing you’d love to change in your personality and why?
- Which would you prefer to play, indoor games or outdoor?
- Who’d you say is your role model, and why?
- One thing you wish people would stop pestering you about?
- One dream of yours which has already come true?
- A rose in a bouquet or in the garden?
- A name you like the most (other than your own)?
- If you were to rename my blog, what’d you name it as and why?
- One honest opinion about my blog?
Janhvi ji, you’ve to answer my 11 questions too.
(February 26th, 2013)