1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I graduated engineering. I’ve not done that before and I don’t plan to do that again 😛 and yeah, I met quite a few blog friends.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes. I kept some of them, and yes, might make more for next year.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I’ll be blogging at midnight, either here or at ImPromptu blog. & other than that, might go partying with friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Death is always hard to take and this year, thankfully, was death free.
5. What countries did you visit?
Lot of countries visited my blog and I visited lot of blogs from other countries. But I’ve not travelled abroad.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
The past is history and the future is a mystery. I live only for the present, which is the best gift. Wishing is something anyone does and I wish for a good job next year. I’ve tried and not found something I love as yet.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 25th, 2009 would be the date, because it’s the day I finally finished my 4 year sentence in engineering prison. 😛
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Writing more than 200 posts. I consider it the biggest achievement because in early 2008, I’d never have thought I’d take blogging as a serious thing. I did and I am glad I did too, because I’ve got a lot of friends to support me through this world.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure was getting less marks in exams, but that’s not something I’ve dwelt upon with dismay. I consider it an omen that higher and better things are waiting for me in the future.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes actually. Got the common cold many times and fell down the stairs once. Nothing serious though.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Nokia 3110 Classic handset, which is something I have with me most of the times. With music being a passion, I can’t seem to live without the MP3 player nowadays.
12. Where did most of your money go?
To my University which has been the prime source of my vanishing money for the past two years. It’s like their sworn duty is to rid me of my cash through revaluations and re-totaling of marks.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Any Michael Jackson song I think, because it is the year the pop legend passed away…
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Put more effort to study.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I don’t think I did anything in excess.
16. What was your favorite TV program?
F.R.I.E.N.D.S .. yeah, it’s still my favorite. I don’t mind watching it a hundred times also. It’s that good!
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I do hate some people, but I hated them this time last year too.
18. What was the best book you read?
Eleven Minutes, by Paolo Coelho. It was a very good book, passionate, full of love and powerful wordplay too. I think it is a must read.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I can’t sing. I think it was more of a re-discovery than a first time discovery! 😀
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I’m a die-hard Harry Potter fan, so it was my favorite of the year, though I liked many other movies as well.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
I watched a movie, and since my mobile conked out on the day before my birthday, I had to unfortunately send back messages asking who it was who wished me. On the whole, a terrible birthday I think.
22. What kept you sane?
Talking to friends when I felt down in the dumps. No one else can give me comfort when I’m down, not even my parents. They usually enhance my misery by going on and on about where I failed or why I was in the dumps.
23. Who did you miss?
I missed myself of sorts. I’m not usually pessimistic but on more than one occasion this year, I’ve gone against my own principles and lost hope for life. I’ve missed the optimistic me who believes in better things coming.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I’ve not met her as yet, but I guess through the virtual world, the best new person I’ve met is Miya. I find a lot of commonalities with her and she’s usually there to cheer me up these days when I feel the blues. I hope I meet her soon.
The best new people I’ve met(really met) are my blog friends Raash, Artz, Meenu, Pratsie, Raka and Abhri. I’ve had a couple of fun days hanging out with them and I hope I meet them more times in 2010.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
It’s a lesson every year teaches me actually. To never give up trying and believing in myself. Many people are there around me who don’t like my decisions, who try to pull me down when I feel my decision has taken me to a height. I’ve learnt to always keep hope, and that when it’s your turn to shine, no one can take away the spotlight from you. It’s just waiting for it that takes patience.